If you are coming to Districts, make sure to read EVERYTHING in this post!
- Be at the main church building at 11am on Friday, January 4, 2019 (11:30am at the latest!)
- A hot lunch will be served from 11am-11:45am. (You must finish eating no later than 11:45am)
- Bring any paperwork or payment that you owe.
- Make sure your belongings are all labeled with your first and last name. (This includes luggage, bags, purses, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, etc. A piece of masking tape with your name written on it with a permanent marker will work well.)
- We will make one bathroom stop approximately half way there, but there will be no food stops on the way. Supper will be provided once we arrive in Green Bay.
What to Bring
- Modest clothes
- Modest sleepwear
- Modest swimwear (if you aren’t sure, it’s probably not modest. Girls can ask a female leader on Wednesday night and guys can ask a guy leader, if you need clarification. We will make you put a t-shirt on top of your swimwear if it is not modest.)
- Sleeping Bag/Pillow (if you are specifically told to bring this by your room leader)
- Spending money (see below)
- Good attitude
- Drugs/Tobacco Products/Alcohol/E-Cigarettes
- Electronic games
- MP3/CD Players/iPods
- Laser Pointers
- Bad attitudes
What will I need spending money for?
Districts will be selling t-shirts (see image on right). The T-shirts cost $10 each and are available in the following sizes: S, M, L, & XL. The larger 2XL – 4XL sizes are available for $12. T-shirts sell quickly so buy one right away, if you want a t-shirt. We did not pre-order any t-shirts for youth this year.
There will be multiple vendors selling items, such as cds or t-shirts from the musicians or books and Bibles from the bookstore. If you think you would be interested in purchasing something like this, bring money to do so.
You will need money to buy lunch on Sunday at the food court of Bay Park Square Mall. You will probably need between $8-$10. Mall options include A&W, Sbarro, Charley’s Philly Steaks, Maldonado’s (tacos, burrito’s, etc.), Nori Japan, Stir Fry 88, & Subway.
Offering for Service Project
An offering will be taken to help cover the cost of the service project for this year’s Districts (Providing pizzas in neighborhoods and praying for people in Green Bay as a way to love the city.). We encourage you to bring money to contribute. Even just five dollars can go a long way if every one gives. $5 times 4,500 attendees = $22,500! Bring some money and let God show you that it is truly better to give than to receive.
Check out the seminar options and start thinking through which one(s) you want to go to.