We value having fun and laughing together as we build deeper relationships with everyone on the team during the week here at Challenge. But, we value even more the spiritual work God is doing in our hearts as we listen to the powerful Word of God proclaimed every day. We praise God for very gifted communicators who are seeking to faithfully teach us. Tonight’s update is going to include a list of quotes or summaries of some of the main points from the 7 different teaching times we have had so far this week.
- Ben Stuart
- People who know God’s love are fearless and free to love others.
- I think we know that God loves us, but I don’t think we really believe that God loves us.
- You have to have a source in order to be a source for others.
- We have received grace upon grace like the never ending waves of the ocean.
- How do you know you are loved? Because love initiates, love sacrifices, and love stays. And that is exactly what God has done through Jesus His Son.
- Chris Brown
- He will take your crap in order to send you in clean.
- Jesus gave the disciples a test and all 12 disciples failed
- “Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.” -John 13:1
- Jesus washed Judas’ feet as well.
- Jesus will never ever be part of your life. He will be all of your life OR He will be none of it.
- The moment you understand the posture of KNEELING and the work and joy of serving, you will understand the power of the Holy Spirit.
- You want to walk in the Spirit? Then, take a knee! Tap out! Surrender!
- Reid Kapple
- When we KNEEL before God and nothing else, we find He is sufficient.
- Where am I tempted to make God serve my needs more than His own?
- The devil was trying to tempt Jesus to wear the kingly crown without bearing the cross.
- Every solution to sin must be accomplished through Jesus.
- The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.
- Is what you really want in life, what you really want in life?
- Chris Hilkin
- I won’t save you from all your trials, but I will save you through your trials.
- Jesus in THE way, not simply A way.
- The artist who created the painting gets to decide on the meaning of the painting.
- The temporary has no say in the eternal.
- If I didn’t love you, I’d say pick a door, any door.
- You are God’s workmanship.
- He offends because He loves.
- John Dyer (Faith & Technology)
- It’s going to take something dying to cover you.
- Technology is a God-given transformative force.
- Technology is an extension of yourself.
- Technology changes you.
- “I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.” -2 John 1:12
- Create, don’t just consume.
- Tim Barnett (Faith & Science)
- A proper understanding of science, deepens our faith.
- Jackie Hill Perry (Faith & Sexuality)
- When Jesus is in someone’s life, they live a little bit differently.
- God is calling us to be holy.
- Coming to Jesus doesn’t mean that life will be easy, but it does mean that we will be filled with power.
- Matt Reagan
- What does it look like to walk with Jesus?
- You can spend the rest of your life at a distance from God or this week you can meet and experience Jesus in a way that will shape and change you forever.
- You got to stick together to do what God is calling you to do.
- God wants us to care more about people than plans.
Here is an extra one from one of the Spoken Word performances:
- David Bowden – Spoken Word
- The problem we have is that our “IF” is dependent upon our “I”
One thought on “Challenge 2018 Day 4”
Praying for you all. I am so thankful for you all. May the Holy Spirit wash over your minds and hearts causing an abundant, joyful walk with Jesus. Safety and strength to you all!