2019 Youth UK Vision Trip
When: July 6-16, 2019
Where: Birmingham, UK
Birmingham is the second largest city in the United Kingdom with a population of over a million people in the metropolitan area. Known for manufacturing and engineering, Birmingham is an important economic center for England. It is also one of the most culturally diverse cities in the UK, both in terms of race and religion.
What: Catch a Vision for God’s Work in the UK
David & Tina Brogan, along with their four children, live in Birmingham, UK where they work with several churches and organizations. Our goal is to travel to Birmingham to bless and encourage the Brogan family, as well as learn about the ministries they are involved in. One ministry in particular is called The Feast.
The Feast is an organization in the UK that seeks to build bridges between Muslims and Christians by creating encounters between youth of both faiths. The youth are encouraged to look past stereotypes and build relationships with one another. Our hope is to learn more about this model and use it in Barron County.
How Do I Join the Team?
Ideally, the team will consist of 4 adults, 4 male youth and 4 female youth. To be considered for the team, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ
- High School Student
- Attend all pre-trip training meetings (see next section for dates)
- Attend all post-trip debrief meetings (see next section for dates)
- Personally invest in the cost of the trip by contributing at least 25% through personal funds or work-to-earn funds.
- Submit application & deposit by 3/27/19
Students will be notified by April 1, 2019 whether they have been accepted as a member of the team.
Before the trip, all team members must attend the following orientation & training meetings:
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 5pm-6pm
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 5pm-6pm
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 5pm-8pm
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 5pm-8pm
- Friday, June 28, 2019, 5pm-8pm
After we return from the trip, all team members must attend the following debrief meetings:
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 5pm-8pm
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 5pm-8pm
$2500 per person*
*Actual trip cost is dependent on team size and trip details still being finalized.
Cost will include:
- Food (Supper on 7/6 – Supper on 7/16)
- $100 deposit* due by 3/27/19
- $1000 due by 5/1/2019
- $1000 due by 6/1/2019
- Balance due by 7/1/20119
*Deposit is refundable if you are not selected to be on the vision trip team.
Forms & Brochure
Medical Release Form:
The Medical Release Form is ONLY REQUIRED for students who have not attended any trips or events during the 2018-19 school year, such as Fall Fling, Districts, or Christie Mountain Ski/Snowboarding/Tubing Day.