On Wednesday, February 1st, 2017, we will NOT have our regular youth group gathering at the Soul Garage. INSTEAD, we have a very exciting opportunity to put our faith into action by serving the poor in our own local community through a vital service project at the new Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Rice Lake.
The Barron County ReStore has been relocated to the strip mall across from Gordy’s Market immediately next door to Pet Supplies Plus. This is the same area that has Cabin Coffee, Little Caesars, and the Old Southern BBQ Smokehouse. The address is 2500B S. Main St., Rice Lake. It is only 1 minute from the Soul Garage.
Parents, please plan to drop off your youth at the ReStore and pick them up directly from the ReStore as we will not be shuttling youth back and forth. You may drop them off as early as 5:45pm if you have other children to get to Awana by 6:00pm.
Pizza and water bottles will be provided between 5:45-6:15pm at the ReStore location. PLEASE plan to arrive as close to 6:00pm as possible to maximize the time we have to serve.
Here are a few details to be aware of:
- ALL youth MUST have a waiver signed in order to volunteer. Waivers are attached (one for minors and one for those 18 or older). Click minor-form for minors. Click adult-form for those 18 or older.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to join their teens on this special night and serve together.
- Community service hours can be gained through this project for school e-portfolio credit or other.
- Work boots are preferred, but sneakers are acceptable as well. No flip-flops or sandals!
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting ruined or dirty – there is a chance they could get ripped or stained.
- Bring work gloves if you have some.
For more information about Habitat for Humanity, check out this video: