As Christ followers, seeking to radically love one another as modeled by Christ and commanded in the New Testament, how are we to navigate the cultural waters surrounding the topic of human sexuality? What are we to believe about homosexuality, same-sex marriage, tolerance and the Bible?
On April 8th and 15th we will be examining some of these vitally important questions during youth group at the Soul Garage.
- Why is there so much hatred and anger from both sides of the debate?
- What is true tolerance? How is that different from the current application of “tolerance”?
- If homosexuality is not a choice, how can we say it is a sin?
- If homosexuality is a choice, why do some people choose that lifestyle?
- Should same-sex marriage be allowed?
- What does the Bible say about same-sex relationships?
- What does the Bible teach about loving and caring for others?
- What words, actions, and behaviors from Christians are very hurtful and damaging to the Christian community’s relationship with the gay community?
- How do you love and support a friend or family member that identifies as gay without condoning the behavior or lifestyle?
- Why are numerous churches and denominations accepting homosexuality as a lifestyle if the Bible teaches against it?
- If I believe as a Christian that the Bible teaches homosexuality is sin, how can I make an intelligent defense of my conviction and have an honest conversation without being accused of being intolerant or hateful or judgmental?
- Is it appropriate to view my sexual orientation as the primary source of my identity?
If you have a question that you would like to see addressed, email it to Pastor Tony: email@example.com