All Soul Garage GUYS are invited to join us in a little adventure Sunday, February 23rd from 12:15pm-10:00pm going up to the Bayfield area to explore the Ice Caves before the ice on Lake Superior melts and they are no longer accessible. Details are below:
Want to see what the Lake Superior Ice Caves look like? Click here.
- Fill out and sign MEFC Permission Form (including parent signature)
- If you have not previously filled out a MEFC Medical Release Form, you must do so. If you did for Districts or Christie, you’re good.
- Read the FAQ page here and come prepared for an adventure
Can You Handle It?
- Depending on how far away we have to park, plan to hike a total of 6-7 miles round trip from where we park to the Ice Caves and back again to our vehicle – make sure you are able to handle that distance
- Meet at Soul Garage at 12:15pm on Sunday, February 23rd
- Eat lunch on your own or pack a lunch before coming to the Soul Garage
- Take care of any bathroom business that requires sitting before departure (very limited bathroom facilities once we get to Lake Superior)
- Depart Soul Garage at 12:30pm
- Bring a couple water bottles and some snacks (a backpack could be helpful)
- Wear sturdy boots with good traction (ice at caves is very slippery)
- Dress in layers and bring hat, gloves and neck warmer/scarf (forecast temp: high 17 low -2)
- Bring camera (if you want)
- Bring $$ for fast food on way home (stopping in Ashland) – This is your ONLY cost. Parking and travel are covered.
- Estimated time of return to Soul Garage: 10:00pm
If you have questions, call or text Pastor Tony or email him at email@example.com